Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss GT-6B Replacement help...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cannibal, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Cannibal

Cannibal

Feb 17, 2005
    I have the GT-6B, but it's never been very portable or interested me with it's amp modelling, so i'm basically after a unit of similar quality that focuses more on effects. I really do want to keep the high quality output that the Gt-6B has, so if anyone could recommend some units that have great output quality (digital would be nice, but not essential) then i'd be very greatful.

I've had a passing glance at the Bass Pod XT... Not sure what to make of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Joel.

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    What about the ME-50B ?

3. Cannibal

Cannibal

Feb 17, 2005
    Hmm, i'd be a little bit worried that the GT-6B had all the same effects already, thats just an initial thought, i'll have a look into it.

Joel.

4. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I "upgraded" from the old plastic ME-8B to the GT-6B and a year later "downgraded" again. Despite the cool features the GT-6B has, it sounds like poo A/Bed with the good old ME-8B (and particularly with synths and wah this turns ridiculously evident).

ANDRUCA

5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    The Me 50B is the pedal you are describing. It is the best multiEFFECTS pedal I have ever heard. I have tried many : from cheap Zooms, Digitech BNX3, Adrennalinn, PODs, the GT6B... but the ME50B has the most useful settings and translates well to a live performance.
    As you said, some of the effects are simialr to the GT6B, but the many are IMO of better quality (especially the OD/Distortions.) It also does not bother witht the modeling of amps (which I find just Muddies up my rig.)

The learning curve is small, the sounds are VERY good, and the price is competitive. It's the only multieffects I recommend for bass.

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    like jja412 said, the me50b is what you're looking for from what you say. I had a gt-6b, and got rid of it for the reasons you mention - not very portable, and I didn't use amp modelling.

7. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I would buy a ME-50B if I had the money.

The only thing I can repoach it is that it's just a bit too big. It takes quite a lot of place in a pedalboard.

8. Cannibal

Cannibal

Feb 17, 2005
    Thanks for the advice guys, that pretty much sorts that out for me... watch out for a GT-6B on Ebay soon, it had some charms but it's time to go.

Joel.