Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BOSS GT-6B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 810wmb, Mar 25, 2004.

1. 810wmb

810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    anybody use one of these?

we are thinking about getting one at church. we are upgradinging everything (in ear, etc)

we are using my sans amp now. will this be better?

the music is praise and worship.

this thing looks a bit much....

2. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Do you need a whammy, ring moulator, slowgear, slap simulator, octaver, phasers, flangers, choruses, harmonizers, ropey synths. Stack of editable customisable overdrives, ropey speaker cab sims, midi in/outs wahs, delays, loopers...
    If so, then maybe you do, and maybe I should start going to church again- namely yours.

However, If this is the only function for it then it might be deemed a tad excessive in some peoples eyes. Man- church sounds like so much more fun in across the atlantic than the dour solemn occasions I was exposed to.

Tom.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I had one for a while. It was all a bit too much. It's built like a tank for sure, but it's big also. I'm not a big user of amp modelling, so if you don't use that then you're left with the effects. I didn't think the overdrive/distortion sounds were much cop.

Are you looking at the GT-6B for amp modelling or effects?

If you're looking at it for FX, why not look at the new ME-50B? Simpler to use, less effects than the GT-6B but IMO better quality ones.

If you want modelling, maybe check out the pod XT?

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Does the GT-6B come with a power supply? I'm planning on ordering one, unless I can find a good deal on ebay....

5. If you buy it new, yes it comes with a power supply. iIf you buy used, I would suggest checking with the seller to make sure the power supply is included.