Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss GT-8b...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass349, Jul 20, 2005.

1. he guys,

does anybody know if a bass version of the Boss GT-8 is going to be released?

i've been contemplating a gt-6b for a while and then realised the gt-8 for guitar was out, and thought, it sure would suck if i got the gt-6b right before they brought out a gt-8b...

anyway, couldn't find much here using the search function and google was drawing blanks, so hopefully someone can enlighten me..

cheers!
    Andy O'Neil.

2. Dr. Mac

Dr. Mac

May 4, 2005
    First, Hello to everybody. I've been reading for quite a while now, but this is my first time posting.

I contacted Boss about two months ago and asked them the same question (those dual COSM modeling engines on the gt-8 is something I'm salivating to get for bass; it's ideal for my current setup). They told me that there are no plans to produce a bass version of the gt-8 at this time. I mentioned the gt-6 and the gt-6b and the rep I spoke to said that the 6b actually came out about two years after the gt-6. I took his word for it, but I hope if Boss is coming out with an 8b that it doesn't take two years.

Regards.

3. hey, thanks for the response.

amen to that! yeah the gt8 for guitar seems to have some pretty neat features.. let's hope that it doesn't take them too long to bring out a bass version :bawl:

all the best,
    andy

4. FENDERBOY!

FENDERBOY!

Mar 26, 2008
    hey, the gt 10 and the gt 10b look quite good

5. wow talk about reviving an old thread! haha :)

6. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006

Little pricey at 500$ though, but yeah the interface and loop, definitely get the GAS going.