Boss GT-PRO for Bass...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MikeLindgren, Jan 4, 2006.

1. ...I have done my internet homework, and have determined that Boss doesn't have any plans whatsoever to release a bass version of the GT-PRO. I have had nothing but good experiences with both Boss and Roland products, and here is the question I pose to the experts on this forum:

Is it worth getting the GT-PRO regardless of its guitar orientation in a bass application? It has all the features I could possibly want, though my worry is that it will warp my tone up, instead of keep it bass-y. I suppose my concern is that bass-specific models of effects are suited to that EQ realm. In other words, if I attempt to use guitar effects for signal processing on bass, will it suck the balls out?

That SOB is packed with the best features, and based on my experience with Line6 BassPODXT Pro, which was bad, I would prefer to stick to boss. It seems that the boss GT-Pro is the deal, and even boasts stereo...I just have never tried running bass through guitar FX, and my fear, again, is the frequency response.
  2. well, AFAIK, the bass freqs will still go through, its just that the effects might suck them up or the EQ won't boost the lows that you want...otherwise, that GT-Pro does look really nice, what you could do is just put it in the effects loop of your amp, and I would assume the bass would still be in the mix...just a guess though :)
  3. ...that may be a good way to try and get the best of both worlds. I suppose if it doesn't work out, I could always return it...
  4. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I think a lot of the FX would be inaudible at higher volumes if you use it in a bass application... What features on the PRO would you use that the 6B doesn't have?