1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss GT6-b question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Aug 26, 2004.

1. hey guys,
    I noticed that the GT6b has a midi in/out on it....does that mean that i could use another midi floorboard with it (ie Behringer FCB1010) and be able to use that as another foot controller so I have more effects at my feet? thanks a lot!

be blessed
    L2W

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Good question. I'm interested in this as well.

Anybody got any input/info???

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i have one...

i think it's used for a foot controller (patch changes)

:)

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I have the GT-6B, but will the Behringer midi foot controller work with the GT-6B?? I'm guessing, if it does, I could save a little time programming patches to the Behringer's footswitches rather than worry about setting different patches in order for a gig with the GT. The only downfall would be stage real estate :eyebrow:

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i don't see why not, midi is midi

?

6. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    That's kinda what I thought. I haven't dabbled enough with midi to know better :meh:

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that's understandable! midi can sometimes be hard to "get", i know i have issues with it too. sometimes i am totally amazed by it.

if you have a good friend that is a keyboard player, usually they know every little thing about midi.

also, i have been wanting to try to use my midi pedal board, but put the GT6b up on my cabs/power amp (long midi cable) - so you can adjust EQ on the fly (not having to bend down...i have a bad back).

good luck
    :)

8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    It's for a midi Controller In

AND for

Saving your programs to a computer or other device.