Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss GT6-b question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Aug 26, 2004.

1. hey guys,
    I noticed that the GT6b has a midi in/out on it....does that mean that i could use another midi floorboard with it (ie Behringer FCB1010) and be able to use that as another foot controller so I have more effects at my feet? thanks a lot!

be blessed
    L2W

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    Good question. I'm interested in this as well.

Anybody got any input/info???

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i have one...

i think it's used for a foot controller (patch changes)

:)

4. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I have the GT-6B, but will the Behringer midi foot controller work with the GT-6B?? I'm guessing, if it does, I could save a little time programming patches to the Behringer's footswitches rather than worry about setting different patches in order for a gig with the GT. The only downfall would be stage real estate :eyebrow:

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i don't see why not, midi is midi

?

6. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    That's kinda what I thought. I haven't dabbled enough with midi to know better :meh:

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that's understandable! midi can sometimes be hard to "get", i know i have issues with it too. sometimes i am totally amazed by it.

if you have a good friend that is a keyboard player, usually they know every little thing about midi.

also, i have been wanting to try to use my midi pedal board, but put the GT6b up on my cabs/power amp (long midi cable) - so you can adjust EQ on the fly (not having to bend down...i have a bad back).

good luck
    :)

8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    It's for a midi Controller In

AND for

Saving your programs to a computer or other device.