Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss gt6 bass reviews?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dirtgroove, Jan 11, 2003.

1. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Does anyone know where I can find reviews of this impressive looking beastie?

personal experience would also be very much apprecieated.
    cheers.

2. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    The Dec 2002 issue of Bass Player had a review of it.

As for personal experience, I haven't experimented enough with mine to post my thoughts yet. There are a lot of settings to go through.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    try some of these for size

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Boss/GT_6B_Bass_Effects_Processor-01.html

I've got one, and am really happy with it. fantastic sounds, if used effectively.
    Shimmering chorus, useful reverb, surprisingly useful harmoniser and pitch shift fx (see my Steve Vai thread), quite good synth bass fx, good drive modelling, ample amp models (who really needs 16 bass amp models a la Pod, 4 comp models, and the list goes on.
    The only gripes I've got is it has no effects loop, like the guitar version does, and the pesky transformer.
    I'd much rather it be rackmounted with a phantom powered/midi floorboard. Then I'd just have one lead running along the floor, instead of 3 (more if it did have an fx loop)