Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss GT6B and bass synths

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shatner, Oct 19, 2004.

1. shatner

shatner

Sep 22, 2004
    Isle Of Wight, UK
    Does anyone find the bass synth on the GT6B to have naff tracking. No matter how much muting I apply and concentrate I still can't stop the thing boinging off on a tangent.
    I haven't used the original Boss bass synth. Is it better than the modelled one in the GT6B?
    I would really like a high quality bass synth with good tracking. Any suggestions? I like the look of the Electro Harmonix micro synth.

While on the subject of the GT6B. Does anyone find the wah pedal a bit naff too. It doesn't seem to have a very smooth consistent sweep. Could it be my settings?

MArk

2. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
  3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    About the Wah- it may well be you're settings, personally I quite like it- you should be able to tailor the sweep to your needs (if I remember rightly)

The synth has probably taken days of my time to get usable settings- and even then the tracking does pretty much what it feels like most of the time. The GT6b one is better than the SYB3- but that's just my opinion, because i find it more tweekable. and I've learnt to live with it.

If you search under synth, deep impact, bosstg6b I'm pretty certain you'll find all the answers to your questions.

4. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    About the Wah- it may well be you're settings, personally I quite like it- you should be able to tailor the sweep to your needs (if I remember rightly)

The synth has probably taken days of my time to get usable settings- and even then the tracking does pretty much what it feels like most of the time. The GT6b one is better than the SYB3- but that's just my opinion, because i find it more tweekable. and I've learnt to live with it- although I do use it alongside a deep impact-

If you search under synth, deep impact, bosstg6b I'm pretty certain you'll find all the answers to your questions.

5. ..............dejavu..............dejavu..............

6. I quite like the synth in my ME-50B. There are many sounds but I tend to use the Square Wave and the Octave Down without any direct signal. Square wave seems fine with tracking where the Octave Down tends to like everything above E on the A string. E-mail me and I can send you a short demo. - ben@legg.com

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I got a Boss GT6B when they first came out, IMHO the synth is a little lacking!