Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Gx-700 & loop addition

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Warlock, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Hi Guys - I use a Boss Gx-700 for my bedroom bassing and as it's my 41st coming very soon I thought that I ought to buy a new toy for my wife to then give to me :)

Any advice on which loop effect to add to this current system and any warnings or cautions?

I'm using a Warwick FNA if that has any significance.

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Dave,

I use one of these for my active Crescent Moon bass, and I've found that it works best bypassing the preamp stage (not enough headroom for the NTMB output), and plugging the bass straight into the EFX loop return. A nice tube preamp in the loop works great for guitar, I guess I should try my homemade one in front of the EFX return as a bass front end. A compressor would be the other obvious choice, I think. My Symetrix 525 works pretty well with the GX. Just watch that loop return level closely, the GX sounds pretty bad once it starts clipping.

Have you done much messing with the overdrives into an amp model? I really like some of the rude effects that produces. :cool:

3. Thanks for this - really helpful. I've had this GX-700 fro almost a year (bargain offer from a guitar pal) and it is only recetnly that I've played aobut with the settings. I must check out the overdrives. I'm getting a really punchy wah effect at the moment that makes my horrid popping sound fine.