1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

boss hm-2 and mt-2 pretty much the same?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    i have the hm-2 and im wondering if it would be pointless to own both? what do you think?

2. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    You could sell me the HM-2 and buy an Mt-2 *wink*

3. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    I have the MT-2 and tried the HM-2 at the store when I purchased the MT-2. Key word "purchased". MT-2 does some incredible things when you get down to it. One of my favorite pedals and the gui****s "hated it" Seriously, I doubt you need both unless you're playing in a insanely overdriven utlra-metal band.

4. i think the hm2 sounds better.....but i have a weird thing for discontinued BOSS stuff.
    i got a ps3 pn2 bf2 cs2 ps2 and an hm2.....

5. Not exactly.

The MT-2 has semi-parametric mids. and, IMO, sounds kinda "fake" at some settings. Also isn't very nice to the low end at times.

The HM-2 doesn't have parametric mids, it only has 2 tone controls, although the mids are adjusted along with the highs.

For example, Godflesh's bassists used an HM-2. Thats the kind of sound it makes. You can cop HM-2 sounds on the metal zone, but it ain't the same.

I think you should get an HM-2. they're not too much.

6. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    what I'm saying is since I have the heavy metal should I get the metal zone also?

7. I don't think you need to. But need is the key word here. This is the effects forum, after all...:D

also, if you want to buy one, i might possibly but not really be telling you that i might possibly have one that i might possibly be wanting to part with, so you might possibly want to send me a PM.

8. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Cephalopodic conversations...I keep forgetting who said what. Squiddy avatars...haha