Boss Jamstation alternatives

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by amac, Oct 6, 2004.

1. amac

Oct 9, 2002
    Commerce, Georgia
    My bass instructor suggested that I look into a Boss JS-5 Jamstation ( to help me practice improvising and learning my scales. I'm very interested in getting one, but before I did I wanted to know what other people may be using for the same thing.

Features I would want in another product would be ability to program in chords and chord changes to solo over and different drum rhythms/styles.

I'm currently using a pandora for bass. Good for sampling small bits of music to learn and for a drum machine/metronome, but a pain to sample chord changes to solo over. Only a 16 sec sample length.
  2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    This isn't specifically GI type stuff. Almost effects type stuff, Maybe Misc. Well, let's try Effects first.........

Chris A. :bassist:
  3. i know this is a little different than a jam station, but you definatly could try a looper, like the RC-20, because i just got one from lbanks, and it is really helping me out in which notes work, which don't (you know, scales!) all you have to do is make each section yourself, like start with a bassline, or slap a few dead notes for a drum track, put a line of chords over that, and you've got your own rhythm section. the only problem is you can't turn each section on and off, like the jam station.
    personally i think the jamstation is awesome and the price should be coming down...i am going to get one for my dad soon hopefully, because we have been looking at those for years!