1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BOSS LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heavy_E, May 2, 2003.

1. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    [​IMG]

What do you think about this pedal? Is it worth $69.95? Does it do the job?

2. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    It works great, but it's still not worth that much money. I've got one that I used regularly, but don't need it now that I bought a Fishman PRO_EQ that has a built in compressor. If you are interested in one, I was thinking of selling mine for $25. Let me know if you are interested.

Mark

3. dzigavertov

dzigavertov

May 3, 2003
    I recently bought this pedal, and am interested in getting my hands on the manual - which I hear is helpful for limiter neophytes like myself. Anyone seen it online, or have a scanner and feel like being a good samaritian and sending it to me.

4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have one, PM with specific questions and I can help you out. I don't have a working scanner, but can explain settings.

5. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    tuBass... Tell me more about the Fishman Pro... Is the compression that much better? What kind of music style are you playing?

I am an info junkie... :D

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    THe compression is good as long as you use it sparingly. I never turn up the compression knob more than 1/3 of the way up. It really sucks down the tone more than that. The boss is probably a better compressor, but I only play live church music so a compressor isn't a huge factor for me.

THe main think I like about the fishman is the 5 band EQ. it's the best EQ's I have seen outside of a really expensive rack mounted preamp.

Mark

7. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I have one and I don't even use it any more. It just sits there. I tweaked on it forever and couldn't get a good usable sound from it. Doesn't seem to have much variance in the controls. The other comp's I have in my rig sound much better without it.