Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BOSS LMB-3 Bass Limiter Enhancer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heavy_E, May 2, 2003.

1. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    [​IMG]

What do you think about this pedal? Is it worth $69.95? Does it do the job?

2. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    It works great, but it's still not worth that much money. I've got one that I used regularly, but don't need it now that I bought a Fishman PRO_EQ that has a built in compressor. If you are interested in one, I was thinking of selling mine for $25. Let me know if you are interested.

Mark

3. dzigavertov

dzigavertov

May 3, 2003
    I recently bought this pedal, and am interested in getting my hands on the manual - which I hear is helpful for limiter neophytes like myself. Anyone seen it online, or have a scanner and feel like being a good samaritian and sending it to me.

4. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have one, PM with specific questions and I can help you out. I don't have a working scanner, but can explain settings.

5. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    tuBass... Tell me more about the Fishman Pro... Is the compression that much better? What kind of music style are you playing?

I am an info junkie... :D

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    THe compression is good as long as you use it sparingly. I never turn up the compression knob more than 1/3 of the way up. It really sucks down the tone more than that. The boss is probably a better compressor, but I only play live church music so a compressor isn't a huge factor for me.

THe main think I like about the fishman is the 5 band EQ. it's the best EQ's I have seen outside of a really expensive rack mounted preamp.

Mark

7. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I have one and I don't even use it any more. It just sits there. I tweaked on it forever and couldn't get a good usable sound from it. Doesn't seem to have much variance in the controls. The other comp's I have in my rig sound much better without it.