1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss LMB-3 Limiter Enhancer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by the low one, Jun 16, 2007.

1. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I’m thinking of getting a Boss LMB-3 Limiter Enhancer to just even thongs out a bit. As well as it’s main job how much volume boost will it give me? Does the level control work like that?
    For example, if I push the level past 12:00 will it increase the volume compared to the original signal?

2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    Nice pedal, and yes it can boost your signal. I used to own one that I used in conjunction with the Boss CS-3. Nice box, decent compressor.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    If that only worked...:bassist:

I hate uneven thongs. :D

I used to own one of these, it can boost your signal. It has a rather strong effect on tone, I sold mine when I was being a clear tone freak instead of using it in a loop like I should have.

4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    That's interesting, thanks. I like the fact it will boost but not that it effects the tone.

5. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I have an LMB-3 and like it OK...I wouldn't say it's a great compressor, but the level adjust is a good feature to either boost your signal or to match the line level.

One thing to note is the "enhance" knob will add hiss...I keep the enhance turned completely off (set to zero).

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Lol.
    No, using it in a loop would probably not have been the right answer either. It would depend significantly on what kind of loop you were talking about. Just sayin', so the new guy doesn't get confused and start asking questions about putting an LMB3 in a loop.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I meant a looper type switch so I could remove it from the signal chain, sorry I wasn't very clear about that.

8. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    And I know I'm derailing, but I love that picture of Claudio, bongo.

And Butch's dog of bayoucables.com is cute as hell, too. Some kind of mutt that loves attention. I love playing with that dog haha

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021