Boss LMB-3 vs LM-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 3toes, Aug 5, 2009.

1. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Wondering what the main differences are between these pedals. I know that a lot of older Boss models are more sought after compared to their more recent counter-parts. Does this hold true with these two?

2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    I use the LM-2B bass limiter and prefer it over the LMB-3 b/c it was cheaper and also the LMB-3 just seems to hiss more to me...

3. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Hmm, well the LM-2 I'm looking at doesn't have a B behind it... just LM-2.

4. stop cranking the "enhance" knob on the LMB-3 and you'll be fine. scoop mis on your amp if you want to "enhance" your tone

5. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    So is there any downside to buying the LM-2 (non-bass specific) over the LMB-3?

6. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    i dont use the enhance knob on either my LM-2B or when i have used a LMB-3 b/c the hiss is well hissy? I use my LM-2B to tame both my bass synth and my Q-TRON when needed.

7. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Ok so the auction for this regular LM-2 (not LM-2B) will be ending today. I need to know if I should pull the trigger or if I should look for the bass-specific version or just pop for an LMB-3.

8. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
  9. 3toes

3toes

Aug 30, 2006
    Denver, Colorado
    Haha yeah, speak of the devil... I just stumbled upon that. Seems like the only real difference (according to that site) between the LM-2 and the LM-2B is that the LM-2 had a slight volume drop that was then compensated for in the LM-2B.

If I can get a good price on it, I may just pop for this LM-2 that I found.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021