1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss Ls-2 : any other options ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johnpaulbass, Sep 10, 2008.

1. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    Hello!

You all may know what the Boss Ls-2 is and what it's used for

[​IMG]

I would like to ask one question.
    I have a new project starting and they require (like bass plying wasn't enough) :D
    to have a synth bass too.

I own a Esi nEon module like this ->

neon.

and I was wondering how to plug it without spending too much money.

After a chat with a friend he came up with the idea to buy a Line selector and to plug the bass AND the module in it and then wire them to the amp.
    First of all is it possible to do so ? Have the module and the bass plugged at the same time to my amp (I think that it is possible, but I'm not so sure about the sound) .. and THEN ... do you know any other pedals like the Boss Ls-2 that would suit my needs ?

thank you

2. Yes it's possible and you'll have a level control for each source.

The sound of the module shouldn't be greatly affected.

Options: any small mixer would do it - preferably not the passive type (resistance mixer). Heck, you could make one fairly easily too!

3. Oh yeah, Behringer make a copy of the LS-2 called the AB100

4. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    yeah I know about behringer.. .but you know...

it's behringer .:D

and yes.. I would like separate volume knobs

5. The LS-2 would work fine. You can match your levels. The question is will your Bass rig give the keyboard sound you want? And heavily square-wave sounds *MIGHT* not do your tweeter/horn a lot of good if yer driving it hard.

6. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
  7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The AB100 is not a copy of the LS-2 other than aesthetically.
    It doesn't have half of the LS-2's functions.

8. Ah, see I just assumed it was a rip-off! Didn't want to waste my time investigating a Behringer product!