1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss LS2 or Keeley Looper??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LuvMusic, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Boss LS 2

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Keeley Looper

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    I'm building a new pedalboard using a Pedaltrain PT Mini. The board is 20" long so space is a consideration.

I want to include an effects bypass so I can pass a "clean" signal to my amp when desired or needed. I have identified two options that will work.

1. Boss LS2 Line Switcher. This box has two loops and you can adjust the line levels on each loop. It also has a few other features that makes it very flexible. Th eproblem is it will be a tight fit on the board with the effects I want to mount.
    2. Keeley Looper. A basic (but well built) looper. This box has one loop and that's it. However it is 1/2 the width of the Boss and will fit easily.
    The price is about equal +/- $5.00 USD.

Which would you choose? Features (LS 2) versus space (Keeley)?

2. I've got both (actually five of the Keeleys) and it really depends on what you want to do with it. If space is your primary consideration, then the Keeley for sure (or a Loop-Master, which is almost half the price). If versatility is preferred, well then...

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I posted in your other thread, but the answer really depends on whether you will use the extra functionality of the Boss. If not, then get the Keeley.

4. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Thanks for the tip on Loop-Master, looks like a Keeley clone and the Micro would work great. What's your opinion on their products?

5. They're decent. I have one that I use to bypass an older Boss pedal.

6. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Given my space limitations, I just ordered the Loop-Master Mini Looper with blue LED.

I think the Boss would have been too tight of a fit and the Loop-Master looked to be a better value versus the Keeley.

If (or when) I need the added flexibility of the Boss LS2 (or larger Keeley or Loop-Master boxes), it will probably be time for a new pedalboard.

Thanks for the suggestion!

7. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I use the Boss with a Whammy and it's great. Remeber how many times you've said/heard I wish the Whammy had a blend? Well it can.