1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss ME-20B vs. DigiTech BP200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Funkadelic459, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Funkadelic459

Funkadelic459

Nov 7, 2010
    Just joined talk bass so could ask this question. Looking for a multi effects pedal and cant decide which one to get... leaning more towards the Boss because I think they are more reliable.. Both relitively cheap so thats a plus... Pros and Cons of each? (looking for something under 200$.)

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Welcome to talkbass, funkadelic459.

If you ask me, I'd say the boss me-20b would be a better choice. the digitech bp200 is more suitable for beginners in my opinion. I mean the digitech bp200 is not really bad. it's just that the effects are a little cheap sounding. which is why I say that the digitech bp200 is more suitable for beginners. the boss me-20b is definitely reliable and has more advance sounding effects than the digitech bp200. it has a decent variety of effects. plus it's more gig-worthy because it's built strong.

3. In that price range you should also consider the Zoom B2.1u, it offers more features and a broader range of effects.

4. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    ME-20b It sounds good, easy to program and not overloaded with questionable effects. They are also stupidly tuff and has a good tuner to boot..

5. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Have to agree with the consensus. The boss is going to be a lot more reliable in the long run. Both are fine if you're just looking to experiment with effects to see what you like and don't like. I've never tried the Zoom, but based on the amount of love it gets here on talkbass, it is worth considering.

6. Funkadelic459

Funkadelic459

Nov 7, 2010
    the Zoom B2.1u looks a good deal probally getting it, comes with the ac adapter unlike the boss you have to order ac output seperate.

7. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I bought the BP200 to get a taste of effects. I always played through it for almost two years straight while slowly adding other pedals to my chain as I began understand which effects I wanted to use. Once I finally decided I didn't need the BP200 anymore I took it out of my chain and noticed that so much noise was suddenly gone from my signal, and my clean tone just sounded more clear.

I recommend against the BP200.

8. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    Boss ME20B or look for a 2nd Hand Boss ME50B. I have both, love them. Great machines. Brilliant on battery power. Consistant, reliable, smooth, - They are digital but have a more analogue sound than others. Save your patches a good 10 feet away from the amp when you get to know the pedal of your choice.