Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss ME 50B - HELP, Vol. Trouble...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Ok, so, Im starting to get a little cheesed off at this thing...

Ill explain slowly so that you understand exactly what the problem is...

I cleaned out the factory presets on the unit, and the first thing I did was setup my clean sound. all done, and equalized, I copied it to all the patches.
    Then, I started editing the patches one by one, always leaving the 1st of each bank as clean sound. so, imagine that I edit 1-2, and add compressor to it. Volume is all over the shot, so I ajust the level on the compressor, and now the volume is the same as in patch 1-1.
    so far so good.
    any effects from the 1st and second section(filters and distortions) are more or less easy to get the volume setup to match the clean sound volume...

but the Third!!! this thing has effects I use quite a bit like phaser, Chorus and Delay, but IT Jacks Up the volume! specially when you add it with other effects on...

IMagine that I have 1-1 - clean sound
    1-2 - Muff
    1-3 - Muff + Phazer

bank 1-3 will be quite a bit louder than the other 2. and there is no way to adjust it... at least that I can see... the Level (4th knob) on the patch settings doesnt seem to affect the volume, but rather, the resonance...

Anyone know what IM doing wrong here?

2. ive noticed that aswell... the Phaser does jack up the volume quite a bit. I don't really know how to help, but adjust your volume on the clean sound (pre-phaser, chorus ect) and allow room for the volume boost of those effects.

3. I see... that could work, but its a major hassle... I think that this displays the company's lack of attention/testing and has turned me off their multi-effects line... actually, its turned me off multieffects alltogether...
    Im in the market for separate pedals again I guess.

4. I'm not sure if I understand this correctly.

What I would do is hit the edit button when you are in Bank 1 Patch 3, turn the volume fully clockwise and then fully counter clockwise (so that the unit 100% knows what control you're editing) and then set the volume where you want. Hit the Write button. Step on the Patch 1 pedal and then step on the Patch 3 pedal. If the volume is still off, hit the edit button, completely turn volume left to right and re set the volume.

Is this right or am I wrong?