Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BOSS ME-50B out of Phase?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Big Benner, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Anyone else have problems like this?

I plugged my bass into SWR SM 900 ->
    - FX send into left channel of computer soundcard
    - tuner out of SM 900 into ME-50B and out to right channel of computer sound card

I messed around with levels and panned left and right fully with my headphones on and preceded to mess around recording. Later I went to mix stuff and blended the signals to center and the bottom fell out. I then "phase reversed" the ME-50B signal and wham it sounded great again.

Is my assumption correct? Could it have anything to do with my tuner out on the SM 900 (I'm going to try bass into BOSS TU-2 Tuner with the two outputs into the SM 900 and ME-50B and see if the same thing happens). Has anyone else found this? Would a similar problem happen if I put the ME-50B through the FX loop in my amp while playing live?

I've heard another buddy complain about his BOSS CS-3 Compression/Sustainer pedal doing the same thing

2. Have you ever had any FX that were out of phase?

+ bump + :)

3. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Yep, sounds like you have a phase reversal problem - it's entirely possible that the tuner out signal is out-of-phase with the input; after all, it shouldn't matter if you are plugging into a tuner, right? :D But if you can just do a phase reverse, then everything is dandy, isn't it?

Mike