1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

BOSS ME-50B vs. ME-20B ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by srptopdog, Sep 27, 2008.

1. srptopdog

srptopdog Greyhounds make good sound engineers - Big Ears!

Feb 24, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Other than more knobs and possibly a few more effects (which I may not need anyway), can anyone offer some pros/cons about these two.

It looks like the ME-20B offers more user presets. It seems easy enough to touch the button of the effect you want to change, so I doesn't seem highly menu-driven or difficult.

Thoughts? Thanks!

:bassist: Salvatore ~

2. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    I'm a clean player myself. On my ME50-B I have bank one set for my Fender Jazz. The 1st Patch is more or less a duplication of my bass, used for soloists for example. Patch 2 is the same with a small bit of compression added and EQ for a deeper & slightly louder setting for the entire group of thirty are singing. Patch 3 is a copy of one with added volume, middle & Chorus with no reverb as advised by the forum here - it works brilliant now. Then you have your tuner for silent tuning, volume pedal & Wah if you ever need it. Toggle in/out of manual patch mode for additional sounds. I find the above settings get me though any melodic gig. Bank 2,3 & so on are used in the same way for different basses and even my acoustic guitar is excellent. The only down side of the 20B over the 50B is it's physical size & weight. It feels miniature under foot in comparison. Otherwise the specs are identical (well you were saying about the user banks) Either are a wonderful piece of kit.

3. srptopdog

srptopdog Greyhounds make good sound engineers - Big Ears!

Feb 24, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it!

Salvator ~