Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eoghan, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    After going to various stores and looking around, I've decided what I'm going to get.

This is perfect, it has everything I want, and the effects arent Half Ass. Infact, the Boss effects on this baby sound better to me then the Digitech single effects. I dont know why.

If you think there is a major problem (or any problem infact) let me know. I'm planning to purchase after Christmas.

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    If you're after good synth sounds... that is the weak point of the Boss.

But apart from that, that's the only -ve I can think of. I think it's a great unit.
  3. E-mail me for some synth sounds that I created with the BOSS ME-50B. I don't think they're half bad.

Everybody welcome. Too bad I can't attach it to talkbass. How come? I can attach the jpegs.
  4. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    ... and let me add the T-WAHs too. THEY SUCK BIG TIME!!! (dirty and no clean signal can be mixed).

5. Ah man. :(

I love the T-Wah. I think I have a song,.... e-mail me.
  6. Hey Andruca, is your Boss ME-8B multieffects that much better? And you did have the ME-50B for a little while right?

I'd trust your opinion for someone who has tried both and maybe other units too. Myself, the ME-50B is the first multi FXs that I've owned so this is all I know.

Any sound samples of the Boss ME-8B multieffects synths or other neat features? Could you e-mail to

Sorry for my lack of memory but was it you Andruca that I e-mailed synth sounds from the ME-50B? What did you think of them and were you able to recreate them?
  7. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Yes Ben, you did and they weren't what I had in mind. I "upgraded" my ME-8B to a GT-6B las april and two weeks ago I finally went back to the ME-8B. During my struggle with the GT-6B a friend of mine (who works in a music store) handed me a ME-50B which I had for a week. I found out that both synth and wah are pretty much the same. The main problem with the wah is that you can't mix dry signal. Besides, it's not clean at all and I like this absolutely hifi sound. It eats everything your bass delivers over 5KHz so you loose that cristal bright (and if you can't mix the clean sound... uh!). The synths basically suck because a) the internal sound modes track even worse than the ME-8B (stone age bass pedalboard), there are only 2 and 2 more waveshape (4 + 5 in my ME-8B which easily produces those in the GT-6B), and the waveshape modes don't do these kind of "Sir Psycho Sexy" sound or, maybe they do it but with the "Attack trigger" parameter wich sucks big time and is just an "internal sound" add-on to the filtered signal (should I replace "filtered" with "crapped out"?). If you have the oportunity to check an ME-8B, don't let it pass by! I'll try to record something direct to my PC and have some MP3s for you, both of the synth bass and t-wah. Take care!

8. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    When I talk about synth and wah sounds for bass I just don't mean these "strange part" sounds that every sample I hear of every synth pedal have, but sounds that are USABLE IN A BAND SITUATION while there's someone singing and bass has to be bass (not just weird noises). It's nice to have "sound effects" but I prefer those that enrich my role as the guy who plays BASS and nothing else. I love effects a lot, but they have to be bass-worthy!