BOSS ME-50B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Leftybass12, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    I just got the BOSS ME-50B pedal board today and I absolutely love it!! My problem is that when I play with my amp volume knob medium-high I get a horrible buzzing noise from my amp when I put an effect on. The buzzing is similar to any amp that you leave on with the volume knob set medium-high, but it's like 10 times worse now that I am using the pedal board. I have made many volume adjustments on my amp, bass, and the pedal board itself too, but I still get that really bad buzzing noise. Should I get a noise supressor or something similar to that?? But really are there any ideas on how I can solve this problem????

2. Try adjusting the ME-50B's built-in noise suppressor on the back of the unit next to the power switch.

If that doesn't work and you're using a mains power supply, try using batteries.

3. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    Wow, I feel like an idiot now. I didn't even notice that....sad this is that I tested the pedal board and even looked through the manual. Thank you though!!

4. DeluxeRed

DeluxeRed

Jun 2, 2009
    +1, and check the Compressor in the upper left. It can get real noisy real fast. I really like mine, esp the wet/dry blending you can do with most settings.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021