Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss ME50 (not B) for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikkejohansson, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Anyone tried the (guitar) ME50 with bass? I just thought it could be cool to have a rig with an ME50 and an ME50B....hmmmm.

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Why on earth bother yourself with a huge unuseful guitar multiFX ???

Well, yes, curiosity... Why not. I don't think you'll find anyone who tried this, but why not ask. In my opinion though, I think you'll be one of the first to test this ! Let us know your fellings about this ! :)

3. Why you say?

The ME50 has a couple of features that the B doesn't. Mainly;

Tremolo - w/tap tempo!

Vibrato - w/ tap tempo!

...and some more. But those are what I miss in the ME50B.

I'll see if I get a chance to try them out...hmmm.

4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Why ? Because it's made for guitars, and... yes, I tested guitar oriented pedals which sounded good on bass, yes. But never a multiFX.

But it's good to be curious. I think the shop owner you'll ask for this ("Can I test your ME-50 with my bass ??") will look at you strangely, but well.. :)

The Tap tempo features is a lack, yep.

5. I have tried one. Modulation effects and delays sounds similar like on the 50 B. Tere is more distrotion types, but on the 50 is not equalization, witch is imho the most practical function on the 50 B. + there is 4 nice synth types + more compressor types (very usefull) + kick drum and sound hold function (sound hold is more usable on giging than you can think at first sight) + evelope functions. There are many reasons for chose 50 B. I have one, and i am 90 % satisfied (except the distortions, but tell me witch multieffect have good distortions).