1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

boss me50B: does the slow gear worth buying it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steak'n'roll, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Considering it sells for at least 250 $ in indivual effect format, does the slow gear on the me-50b sounds as good as the original one?

So, does it woth buying the multi-effect to get the slow gear and other things? :meh:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Guyatone has a Slow Gear clone...

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Yep.
    [​IMG]
    Costs about 90 $.

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The Slow Gear on the ME-50B may actually work better than the SG-1 pedal. As for it's worth, all I can say is it was worth it to me to get an ME-50B. And when I started selling off my pedals, I had enough left over to buy a G&L L-2000!

5. I've read some bad things about the guyatone. Doesn't it suck all the lows?

6. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    put it in a loop. I doubt engaging the pedal would make it suck any lows. Surely it's just a simple noise gate release thingy, if we're speaking in technical terms.
    Let us know how it works. I'm on the lookout for a Christmas present present to buy me. Can't find one to demo here :( Oh the woes of guitar shops in Taiwan :crying: