Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

boss me50B: does the slow gear worth buying it?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steak'n'roll, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Considering it sells for at least 250 $ in indivual effect format, does the slow gear on the me-50b sounds as good as the original one?

So, does it woth buying the multi-effect to get the slow gear and other things? :meh:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Guyatone has a Slow Gear clone...

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yep.
    [​IMG]
    Costs about 90 $.

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The Slow Gear on the ME-50B may actually work better than the SG-1 pedal. As for it's worth, all I can say is it was worth it to me to get an ME-50B. And when I started selling off my pedals, I had enough left over to buy a G&L L-2000!

5. I've read some bad things about the guyatone. Doesn't it suck all the lows?

6. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    put it in a loop. I doubt engaging the pedal would make it suck any lows. Surely it's just a simple noise gate release thingy, if we're speaking in technical terms.
    Let us know how it works. I'm on the lookout for a Christmas present present to buy me. Can't find one to demo here :( Oh the woes of guitar shops in Taiwan :crying: