Boss ME50B/GT6B/Korg AX3000B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dontbesobassist, Feb 27, 2006.

1. hi guys, being unable to test out a GT6B anywhere, I have resorted to asking for your opinions. I'm looking for a multi effects processor and so far, the Boss range catches my eye far more than the Bass Pod XT. So now the choice is predominantly between the ME50B and the GT6B. I realise the GT6B does have amp modelling, which the ME50 doesnt. In your opinion, is amp modelling worth paying extra for?How vital is it in your rig?Also, does the GT6B offer alot of new effects, or effects upgraded from the ME50B. I just want to buy as much as I can within my price range without buying alot that I don't need. Also, how good is the Korg AX3000B in comparison to these two boss pedals?!
    Thanks in advance
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've wrote a number of threads/replies on the me50b/gt6b and other multifx, so if you do a search you'll find plenty of more information.
    IMO, while the 6b is more tweakable etc I found the me50b more useful on a 'plug and play' basis. I also thought the me50b has better overdrive sounds than the 6b. Also, the 6b is a decent bit bigger heavier than the 50b.
    I'm not a big fan of amp modelling, so I didn't miss it not being on the 50b.
    As to the AX3000B, I tried it quickly recently. Overdrive is a really important thing to me, and I didn't like the overdrive models available on it.
  3. ItalianBassMan

Feb 27, 2006
    hi..I know only the ME-50B..I've it and I am very glad of having's great
    I don't know the difference between the ME-50B and the GT6B but I know that the second one is more expensive and professional..
    good luck for your search..
  4. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    I miss the amp modeling, but overall I'm quite pleased with the ME-50B. My Bass XCiter more than makes up for the lack of amp modeling, too.
  5. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Don't buy for the modeling- so far I havn't been able to find a single multi FX with even somewhat decent modeling. I have the GT-6B, and as mentioned it is very complex. If you like tweakage, get the -6B. I can get it to sound better than the 50B to my ears, but only after tons of modifications. The 50B sounds great though, and if you like plug and play then get that one. I havn't been able to try a Korg, but I can say that the FX on the Bosses are better sounding than the Line 6.
  6. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Do you want to do amp modelling? If not then you are absorbing unnecessary extra cost, size, complexity.

The ME-50b has no complicated menus, just easy to use knobs. Live it is great becuase I have preset, multi-effect patches that I can execute with the tap of one footswitch.

I also have my "core sound" set on the dials, so I can make minor alterations live.