Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss ME50B -Sansamp sounds?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superfly, Mar 24, 2005.

1. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Can the Boss ME50B produce the Sansamp BDDI sound?
    Clean and fuzzy?

2. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    *LOL* isn't that an oxymoron ?!

The short answer is yes.

the long answer is the ME-50b has a SansAmp distrtion emmulator.

Part of the SansAmp distrotion sound is a mix level of clean vs distortion which the ME-50b can also do.

I like the ME-50b distortion mode that distorts the higher frequencies but leaves the lower frequencies clean.

3. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    Ok Ok I stand corrected. I meant clean OR fuzzy. :rolleyes:
    If I get a ME50B wil I be able to put the sansamp bddi away?
    I use the sansamp bddi to fatten up the bottom and get that thicker warmer tone.

4. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Have you tried a parametric EQ ? This is the best way to get your sound objectives...and cheaper than a ME-50b.

5. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    You will find hundreds of ways to fatten up your sound on the ME-50B.

6. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    You can use both together. I know, because I just did yeasterday. But, like everybody else says, if you have an ME-50B, it can do what the SABDDI does.

7. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    but not necessarily as well as the sabddi does it.

8. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Actually, I think it's the opposite. I really don't like the Sansamp at all, and that's why I wish the ME-50B had a DI. As it is, I'm taking the Sansamp back to the store I got it from and using a Whirlwind until my Radial TOnebone gets here.....

9. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I bought the Boss ME50B and its great. I wanted something that was "all together" instead of seperate effects pedals. I have to say that the "Bass Driver" setting is pretty good. Good enough so that I sold my Sansamp. Even with the new programmable Sansamp coming out I was still able to get $150 for the old one selling on Ebay :D