Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss ME8B

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Humblerumble, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    I picked up one of these a while back and haven't used it much. What do y'all think of this pedal?

2. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Great buy, man!!!! This is the better multieffects I've owned so far. I upgraded to the BOSS GT-6B and made a terrible mistake. I use synth and wah a lot and the ones in the GT-6B suck big time!!! I wish I could keep my ME-8B then. I seriously regret that. The ME-8B has a killer envelope filter (the TWAH mode of the synth bass) and the waveshape modes of the synth absolutely rock (listen to Jamiroquai) and you can even produce Sir Psycho Sexy like sounds. Absolutely astonishing. The internal sound modes suck as they allways do (and I wonder why they keep including such things in bass pedalboards, because they don't work at all). If you can afford an expression pedal for this device, it's worth it, you can do funny stuff with it. It doesn't come with a phaser, but what is a phaser other than a particular setting of the humanizer. I'm serious, with the humanizer you can produce very nice phaser sounds. The thing I most miss about the ME-8B is that every effect can be mixed with the dry signal (in the GT-6B only some of them but not all -the TWah can't, and that's a terrible lack for me-).

All in all, congratulations for the great buy you made. Take care...

ANDRÉS

3. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    One more thing. I used it with both a Musicman Stingray 5 and a Fernandes Gravity V (no, I'm not Robert Trujillo, seriously) and through a Hartke 3500 head with a 4.5XL (4x10"+5") and a 215BXL (2x15") cabs. The compressor is killer quality (for a pedalboard). Bye...

ANDRÉS