1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

boss ml-2 "metalcore"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by paradigm_shift, Jul 22, 2007.

1. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    as per http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=851

Anyone tried this pedal out yet?
    I'm just curious as to how well it translates to bass.I hate that they called it metalcore (I have no interest in this genre)But in the search of more variety of distortions I would ask. Its described as for downtuned guitars nu metal,grindcore etc. Just wondering how good the low end actually is?

Any feedback is appreciated? Also for those who have tried it how would you describe the tone?

2. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    Has no one tried one of these?:eek:

3. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    I haven't heard it at all, but I'm assuming that it would be somewhat similar to the ODB-3 - probably grittier with more treble. Just a guess. :)

4. I heard about 10 seconds of it on guitar in the store, pretty heavy. I'd like to try it on bass.

5. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    I have one. I don't use it much with the bass though. I bought it mainly for the times I feel the need to riff it out with a guitar. I turn it on with the bass every once and awhile when I need over the top fuzz or if I am just going nuts high on the neck like Cliff Burton. To my ears it handles the bass well even down to the low notes on the B-string. It was made to handle extremely detuned guitars according to the Boss description.

6. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    Awesome, how would you describe the tone of the pedal? Just fuzz?
    Any chance of a sound sample with bass?