Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

boss MT-2 on a bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by conk97, May 2, 2005.

1. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    I was down at a guitar shop looking at pedals for my bass. I asked the owner if i could try a few out and he said yeah.so he got me a bass and the pedal and pluged me into an amp and let me get on with it.

After I finished I asked him if using a guitar pedal on a bass would work in the long run and he didnt know.

So if i get this pedal will it die on me in a few months or will it be fine?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Guitar effects work on bass. The sound may not be the best and you may lose bottom end, but the signal of the bass will not damage a guitar pedal.

3. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    thats what i was hoping for...i will buy this guitar pedal and when i have enough cash i will get a proper bass pedal :smug:

4. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    You're gonna lose money in the long run buying crappy pedals and then later selling them for better ones. MT-2's don't resell well since they are EXTREMELY common. If you want really good overdrive there are plenty of better solutions. The Ibanez Tube Screamer is great for mild-to-heavy distortion and overdrive sounds. It's one of the few guitar pedals that doesn't lose it's bottom.

For some really SERIOUS overdrive, the SansAmp Bass Driver DI seems to be an incredible buy. There are a lot of clips floating around for you to check out.

Take it from a guy who used to have 6 different stomp boxes pedals and now has none (loop station and EQ pedal). Only get pedals you know will serve your needs perfectly.

-Eric.

5. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    i wouldnt sell the pedal i would give it to my gf (who plays guitar) or i would keep it incase my new pedal breaks or i lose it.

6. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    Well I brought the pedal 2day, I must say it works really well. I dont like 2 much distortion and this is perfect for the sound i want