Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Multi-Effects Pedal, also a preamp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Obsolex, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I was thinking it would be cool to buy the Boss Multi-Effects pedal because it has a few major effects (Wah, Overdrive, Delay, Distortion...) but I was also wondering if it also acted as a preamp, and has thinks like Treble, Bass, and all that stuff? Anyone have this also? _-soto-_

2. it can act like a EQ control, if your bass is passive and you want some color in it

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i have been having to use my gt-6b as a pre into my qsc rmx 1450 - i really don't like the sound through my avatar - but i still got compliments on my FoH tone. the only reason that i am having to use the gt6 is becuase my svp-pro is in the shop for warranty repair (three others were sent in the same week as mine - :rolleyes: ) ampeg needs to get their stuff together.

btw - the music store gave me a loaner for a couple of gigs last week - it was a sansamp rbi - i really didn't like it (i know a lot of people do). i can't wait until i get my svp back!!