1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss Multi effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ARA punk, Mar 15, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I was looking at the Digitech stuff and my guitarist told me he used to have one for guitar and that it would be a waste of money that he thought Boss made a version of it that was hands down better. Went to the website and couldnt find anything like it. Anyone heard one/ used one?

2. grr... multi-effects BAAAAAADDD!!!

3. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    grrr... ARA punk... brooooke

4. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    There are a couple of threads on the me8b here. I have one. lotsa pros, lotsa cons..

5. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    The main thing I like about my ME6-B is that it is a lot quieter than anything else I've played through. Not much added hiss. I also can't hear any difference in the sound of my bass when I bypass it compared to just using a cable.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well, I've got a Boss SE-70, and I think that it's a great unit. The only thing that lets it down is that the algorithm order is pre-set (ie the effects are in a certain order in each algorithm, all you can do is switch them on or off) and when accessing a different patch there is a 1/4 second delay where the sound completely cuts!!

There is a new unit coming out - the VF-1 that the guitarist in my band is looking at. I'm personally looking at the GT-6B, I wanna go try one out as soon as they gets them in the stores over here.

My last multi-effects floor unit was a Korg A4 - it really was good for the money!!

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I had an ME-6B and have an ME-8B... both are excellent units.

8. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    If you can afford them, get the VF-1 and a MIDI foot controller.

9. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I got a midibuddy midi foot controller to work with the SE-70! Worked real well, but I still hated that 0.25 second delay between patches where the sound cut completely

10. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    what about the GT-6B
    any opinions?

[​IMG]