Boss Multi effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ARA punk, Mar 15, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I was looking at the Digitech stuff and my guitarist told me he used to have one for guitar and that it would be a waste of money that he thought Boss made a version of it that was hands down better. Went to the website and couldnt find anything like it. Anyone heard one/ used one?
  2. grr... multi-effects BAAAAAADDD!!!

3. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    grrr... ARA punk... brooooke
  4. SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    There are a couple of threads on the me8b here. I have one. lotsa pros, lotsa cons..
  5. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    The main thing I like about my ME6-B is that it is a lot quieter than anything else I've played through. Not much added hiss. I also can't hear any difference in the sound of my bass when I bypass it compared to just using a cable.
  6. Well, I've got a Boss SE-70, and I think that it's a great unit. The only thing that lets it down is that the algorithm order is pre-set (ie the effects are in a certain order in each algorithm, all you can do is switch them on or off) and when accessing a different patch there is a 1/4 second delay where the sound completely cuts!!

There is a new unit coming out - the VF-1 that the guitarist in my band is looking at. I'm personally looking at the GT-6B, I wanna go try one out as soon as they gets them in the stores over here.

My last multi-effects floor unit was a Korg A4 - it really was good for the money!!
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I had an ME-6B and have an ME-8B... both are excellent units.
  8. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    If you can afford them, get the VF-1 and a MIDI foot controller.
  9. I got a midibuddy midi foot controller to work with the SE-70! Worked real well, but I still hated that 0.25 second delay between patches where the sound cut completely
  10. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    what about the GT-6B
    any opinions?