Boss NS-2 Usage

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jack, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    On the Boos NS-2 Noisegate is unwanted noise eliminated when you run something thorugh the 'input' or only stuff thats in the loop?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Bret Scallions of Fuel uses it right before his amps:

Tripp Eisen of Static X uses it right before his EQ then before his amps:

So what I can tell, it's best to use it after the rest of your effects, right before the amps.
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I agree - put it right behind all your effects (except your delay and reverb, but these should be in your FX loop anyway). Be careful how you set it though; it can be a real tone sucker if you're not careful.
  4. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Neither of those guys are using the loop function. The HC reviews say to use the loop, and I did when I used to use it. Eventually I found that I shouldn't have that much noise in my signal in the first place. It just comes through when the gate opens. So I redid my pedalboard w/ an eye toward eliminating noise. One thing that works for me is dividing the signal w/ boxes that have multiple outs and recombining them before the pre. This can keep you from having one noisy pedal directly feeding another.
  5. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Thanks guys, after everythng it goes.

Typlons, ive seen those pictures berfore, where did you get them from? I tried a site like that, but it was in Japanese. :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind, I clicked on your pictures and found the site, :rolleyes: