1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss OC-2 broken?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lauri Lahtinen, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Lauri Lahtinen

Lauri Lahtinen

Sep 1, 2020
    Hi, i am fairly new to using pedals and at the moment i only have a compressor, octave pedal and an envelope filter.

I have not found that much use for my OC-2 yet but i noticed one peculiar thing. At certain notes, the effect kind off "breaks". I have no idea if this is just normal but it has started to annoy me.

Has anyone had the same problem? Can it be fixed? And if so, how?

2. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    It’s normal. That glitching out you’re hearing is part of that particular circuit’s charm. It’s not polyphonic so you gotta reel it in & play somewhat deliberately to get the best results.
    I don’t have an actual OC-2 anymore but am rocking a very decent clone- here are my “set it & forget it” settings.
    Direct level is set to unity
    139F6891-9D31-4A64-87ED-5546316068EE.jpeg

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Ya, it happens. There are things you can do to minimize it, like playing notes higher up the neck, and in my case switching a pickup out helped a lot. But it's one of those effects that will be very rewarding once you learn to use it to its best advantage, but you have to game it a bit.

4. allintime

allintime

Apr 10, 2018
    Virginia
    Here are some notes that came with my 3 Leaf Audio Octabvre, also an analog octaver that tries to imitate the oc2 (and more). Spencer provides some good advice on how to get the best tracking and sound. I found it very helpful. 20201005_213146.jpg

Jakeman likes this.
  5. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    Play up above the 5th fret and you’ll be fine. The OC-2 is the greatest bass effect pedal ever made (IMHO). Don’t ever part with it.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021