1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BOSS OC-2 SETTING

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by danweb22, Sep 16, 2008.

1. danweb22

danweb22

Mar 16, 2008
    Kent, UK
    Hello, cant seem to find the info anywhere on here but does anyone have a setting for Wherever I Lay My Hat and Tear Your Playhouse Down for the Boss OC-2??

Apologies if this has already been discussed! :ninja:

Cheers

2. CuticleThorns

CuticleThorns

Apr 6, 2008
    York, UK
    To me the main body of that effect is coming from a fretless bass.

'Playhouse' does sound like it has a bit of Octave, try 3o'clock clean & 12/1o'clock on -1 oct, no -2oct. Its a very simple pedal to use, just play around with it.

'Wherever I lay' sounds more like chorus on a fretless to me.

3. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    I have looking to buy one of these pedals for a while now. Does anyone know how to set it to get a 5 string sound out of a 4 string?

4. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    max them both :)

haha.. no but really. i turned off the left side and put the right side at about 1:30

5. Wherever I Lay My Hat has no octave effect on it. It's pure Stingray fretless and lashings of chorus.

Tear Your Playhouse Down sounds like equal parts clean and octave 1, but you can't really go too far wrong with such a simple pedal.

You're dreaming. Buy a fiver if you want a fiver sound. No pedal can pull this off convincingly.