1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss oc-2 vs. oc-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by michaelc, Oct 25, 2009.

1. michaelc

michaelc

Apr 17, 2007
    C-ville Michigan
    Boss oc-2 v.s. oc-3. Which one is better and why?

GO!

2. I've never tried either, but from what I've read on here, I'm pretty sure the general consensus is heavily in favor of the OC-2...

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I've never compared the two, but I love my OC-2.

I'm sure the argument will be that the OC-2 sounds better (analog) and the OC-3 tracks better (digital). But that would all be hearsay.

4. I own both, have gigged both and say OC-3. Sure the OC-2 has that nice analog warmth but I find that using the poly mode with the guitar input on the OC-3 it sounds pretty damn good, throw the rest of a band on top of it and even I (a tone snob at that) can't tell the difference in sound, only in tracking. I find the OC-3 is the best of the OC-2 and the POG, tracking down to a low D and nice mid-heavy tone. I will now go hide behind a wall and periodically peek up over the top of it while shifting my eyes in a shady fashion.

5. +1. (Haven't tried the POG) I know there is a lot of OC-2 love on TB but I personally like OC-3's poly mode. I also plug in to the guitar input.

6. When i was shopping for an octave pedal a few months ago, i did an instore comparison between an OC-3, OC-2, Micro POG, and an EBS OctaBass. I ended up liking the OC-3 the best out of all 4. It did come down to OC-3 vs the Micro POG, but i settled with the OC-3 and was very happy.

I honestly don't understand why people sweat the OC-2 as much as they do...

7. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I've never tried the OC-3 but I really like my OC-2.