Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss OC-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Dec 15, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I played with this pedal today, thinking I'd pick it up just for the heck of it, might be nice to have around, but it was crap! It seems to be pretty well accepted here, so I really almost took it home with out trying it out first, but I'm pretty glad I didn't! I'm going to give it another chance, though. I'll take my smaller rig in and try through it. The cab I tried it through was awful. Would you guys care to give me any suggestions or tips for it that will make me want to buy it?

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    No not really, get the EBS pedal! :)

OK, seriously though, with any octaver you can sometimes improve the tracking with some or all of the following:

- Use a compressor before it in the chain
    - Play closer to the neck
    - Play distinctly, and one note at a time
    - Add some bass on your bass' EQ, reduce highs

All of the above is meant to improve the fundamental and even out the volume so the pedal can track better.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Thanks Anders...I'll try out your suggestions. I think for $20, I'll find some way of making it useful, if not only for guitar. Hopefully I'll have a V-Bass in a few days to take care of the octave on my bass! :D