1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss OC-3 Octave Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SlavaF, Sep 11, 2003.

1. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Harmony Central link

I am really intrigued by this pedal. It's basically an OC-2 with: A dedicated bass input, onboard OD/Distortion, and poly octave modes. I don't think it's in stores yet, but if somebody has tried this thing somehow, or somebody is planning on buying one soon, can they please share what this pedal is like? I want an octaver, but it is way down the priority list for me, and I'd like to get an idea of how the new Boss Octave does especially for bass. :bassist:

Oh, BTW, check out Boss's new pedal board: looks interesting, I'd say.:cool:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I may take the OC-3 a whirl soon, when I get some cash, but as far as the pedalboard, I'm hardly impressed.

3. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Well once you give the OC-3 a try, please tell me how it is!

And as for the pedal board, the fact that the 5 pedals I want are the Boss: ODB-3, CEB-3, OC-(2/3), DD-20 and the SABDDI/GT2, the board seems to fit my desires white nicely.;) But OTOH if it's any more than $75US, and I'm 90% sure it will be, I won't really consider it, since I, myself, am a handyman.:D

Well, not really...

:bassist: