Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss OC-3 Octave Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SlavaF, Sep 11, 2003.

1. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Harmony Central link

I am really intrigued by this pedal. It's basically an OC-2 with: A dedicated bass input, onboard OD/Distortion, and poly octave modes. I don't think it's in stores yet, but if somebody has tried this thing somehow, or somebody is planning on buying one soon, can they please share what this pedal is like? I want an octaver, but it is way down the priority list for me, and I'd like to get an idea of how the new Boss Octave does especially for bass. :bassist:

Oh, BTW, check out Boss's new pedal board: looks interesting, I'd say.:cool:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I may take the OC-3 a whirl soon, when I get some cash, but as far as the pedalboard, I'm hardly impressed.

3. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Well once you give the OC-3 a try, please tell me how it is!

And as for the pedal board, the fact that the 5 pedals I want are the Boss: ODB-3, CEB-3, OC-(2/3), DD-20 and the SABDDI/GT2, the board seems to fit my desires white nicely.;) But OTOH if it's any more than $75US, and I'm 90% sure it will be, I won't really consider it, since I, myself, am a handyman.:D

Well, not really...

:bassist: