Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DaS HaaS, Feb 11, 2004.

1. DaS HaaS

DaS HaaS

Feb 11, 2004
    Sunrise, Florida
    Endorsing Artist - Ampeg, Ernie Ball
    I have a Boss ODB-3 bass overdrive that I barely use due to the noise it generates. I'd like to start using it more often but need help on getting a good sound out of it and a sound that will not kill the tone that I worked so hard to obtain. Any suggestions? :crying:
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hey tplyons....thanks for those links....I just got one of those pedals, and have no idea on the settings.....I came here to do a search, and you already had one done.....Saved me some time, and provided me with some valuable info. Way to go bro!

3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They don't call me the King of Muff for nothing :)
  4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    After much experimentation I've come to the conclusion that the best sound is obtained by setting all knobs to 12:00, and then tweaking from there depending on the room, age of strings etc. I tend to add a touch of low eq to keep the bottom end in tack, and a little high eq if I want to cut through a bit. I'll push the gain up to 3:00 if I want to sound like Radiohead.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Mine sounds killer when I jack everything up almost all the way! I back a little off the highs though.