1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss ODB-3 through DOD FX 25b (3 knob)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MMcC, Mar 17, 2009.

1. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    I used to use these pedals together and got really cool results. Sounded a lot like Timmy C stuff on the first Rage record. Unfortunately I parted with both pedals and now I'm trying to get that sound back.

I just recently got a FX 25 (older 2 knob) on Ebay that came with a DOD Grunge distortion pedal. These combined didn't do anything cool. Do you guys think it's because of the Grunge, or the auto-wah since maybe it has one less knob and I can't dial in that sound? Or both?

I guess I won't know for sure until I get the ODB-3 and FX-25b back.

2. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bristol, CT #19
    I have an ODB-3 and I love using it in conjunction with an envelope filter. Gotta say though that the FX-25 (original) is by far my least favorite... I mostly use a Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter and they sound great together.

3. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    You know, I'm not sure I like the original (25) more than the 3 knob (25b). It's been a while since I've played the 25b, though. Everyone on TB totes the original as the superior product, but now after having played both, I can't figure out why.

4. Another *I like the 3-knobber better* guy here. I'll admit though that there wasn't a huge difference in tone to my tin ears. That all said, I'd suspect the Grunge as the weak link.

5. What do you guys think of the 3-knob version as a low pass filter? Good results?

6. DaveF

DaveF

Dec 22, 2007
    New Westminster, BC
    From what I've heard, the Grunge is a terrible pedal, isn't it? Maybe just a loss of definition is not letting the filter pick up the signal properly...

7. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    The Grunge isn't doing anything for me. I haven't played guitar through it yet, but for bass it's pretty worthless.