Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BOSS ODB-3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nick Gann, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Hi fellow bass people-

I am looking for a good overdrive/distortion pedal to give me that rough, powerful sound.

A friend recommended the ODB-3 to me. Is it good? I have heard some sound clips, and I like the sound, but I want to know some of your opinions.

If there is something better in the same price range ($80-) tell me please:)

Thanks all.

Nick

2. you will like it first... then you will begin to think it does sound a little fuzzy but still cool... then you will slowly wish you bought something else originally. There are much much better overdrives out there...

3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    :) Thanks

4. Jontom

Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    Its about the best in the "under $100" category, but thats not saying too much...you'll be better off if you can wait another paycheck and get a Fulltone Bassdrive or Dredgetone Angler.

5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    I like it. You have the option to mix the original sound in with the OD sound which means you can keep the dynamics of your original tone and just let the OD cut through at the top.

You will find better OD's but not for the price.

6. pudgefactor

pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    Boston
    Try out an Ibanez Phat Head. It's a little cheaper than the boss, and some say much better (I
    definitely think it is.) Play them all and let your ears decide. Either way, you can get more
    expensive ones that really do sound MUCH better.