1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss odb feedback like noise?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by th30nlyAket, Sep 27, 2010.

1. th30nlyAket

th30nlyAket

Sep 24, 2010
    so i got a power adapter at radioshack(i work there so its much cheaper than getting it anywhere else). When i plug the adapter in the way and when turn the pedal on i get a feedback like noise noise out the amp. When i use a battery is works fine. anyone know where the problem is

btw its not feedback ive already ruled that out

2. Is it just a hiss, or is it an actual pitched tone?

3. dune2k

dune2k

Sep 26, 2009
    Germany
    Probably it's neither stabilized nor has proper power filtering.
    Do you know anyone who has a good power supply that's stabilized & has proper power filtering to check this?

(Since you work at radio shack: It's easy to fix. You need a 47 Ohm resistor and a 100 to 220uF capacitor & a soldering iron & shrinking tubes/an enclosure to cover everything so you won't have any bare wires.)

4. th30nlyAket

th30nlyAket

Sep 24, 2010
    you confirmed what i thought my dumb ass co worker put the plug on positive and stuck it in.( the poilatery of the pedal is negative) so my dc input is fried basically. ;/

5. ODB has only ever meant one thing to me.

odb.jpg

Good luck fixing your Boss.