Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss ODBor CEB-3 on a Guitar (not Bass)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by King David, Feb 1, 2002.

1. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    Has anybody tried the ODB or CEB-3 on a a Guitar. I am thinking about purchasing an electric. Some level of distortion on an electric is a must and Chorus is nice. Do these work good for guitar too. I have heard them on a bass and there are some usable sounds. If there is one pedal that will work on both I would rather do that.

2. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    the guitarist of my band bought some month ago a Boss Chorus CEB-3 but it never works on his guitar so he sold it...
    I tryed his new Chorus CE3 the one for guitar and it doesn't work with a bass...

So it's useless to buy a CEB-3 for a guitar..

The new flanger is nice and it's the same with the bass n the guitar...:D

3. i imagine that if your friend just adjusted the settings on the CEB-3 it would have worked fine... and same goes with the normal chorus on bass. It may sound muddy on the lows but either way the effect will still work. Effects are not magically targeted on exact instruments. You can use a "guitar" effect on bass, a "bass" effect on guitar, it does not really matter... the only difference is that some (almost always "bass" effects) are designed to handle lower frequencies then a standard guitar effect. The ODB will work FINE on guitar and I have actually heard that many people like the sound of it better on guitar then on bass...

and to all talkbassers who remember me talking about the Fulltone Bassdriver, I have recieved it but I am waiting to be able to test it out before giving my final review. So far I have only been able to use it on my smaller crate amp and was actually very dissapointed with the sound but I will still wait and see how it sounds on my rig. Ill submit my review when I feel that I have heard everything this pedal can do.

4. i've got both bass & guitar.. i've got an ODB-3 too :D

sounds nice.. if you turn the mix & gain way up, you get a real good & full Fuzz. Sounds pretty much the same as Coal Chamber and the guitar-sound of the songs on Smashing-pumpkin's " siamese dream ".

5. since i have both those pedals and play guitar, i of course have experimented. I've noticed that the ceb-3 sounds not too shabby on guitar, especially acoustic-electrics. As for the odb, i dunno what you guys have been smokin', but i find that it doesn't have any body tone-wise in the higher frequencies, so it sounds very unnatural on guitar. Maybe it's because i'm more into the whole overdriven tube tone, and for some reason the odb just doesn't reproduce that tone.