Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Overdrive...yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by The Artist, Aug 20, 2003.

1. I'm thinking of getting a BOSS Overdrive pedal.
    Are there any special models that you recommend, or should I not get one at all.
    Any info would help
    (I'm currently using a Zoom506II, and well, it's only really usefull as a stage tuner)
    THX
    SCODI

2. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    The only one they have for bass is the ODB-3, I have one, and I can tell you it's a lot better for distortion and even fuzz that straight overdrive... it's a reeaally dirty pedal!

3. oh good, coz' that's the only one in the catalog:)
    Thx;)
    SCODI

4. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Glad I could help!:) It's not everyday I can do that...:D

5. I've got the Boss ODB-3 as well, it's a very good pedal. You can get some real fat, dirty sounds with it. You can get quite a variety of sounds with it as well, as it has an in-built two band EQ (high & low boost/cut) and dry/overdrive balance control which are easy to use, meaning you can choose anything between having very little OD right up to full on fuzz sound, depending on what sound you'd want for a particular song. I'd recommend it.

6. Sounds great!
    N0.1 on my "G.A.S Cure List"
    ROCK ON
    SCODI