1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss parts

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

My beloved Boss LS-2 is having issues :(.
    The master switch only works eratically.
    I guess it's been used too much and cries for rest.
    Where the hell can I find the replacement part ?
    Is it easy to repair ?
    While we're at it, if you have any cool mods for the pedal I'll be glad to try them. :hyper:

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    No ideas where you can find this new. Maybe you could try to find a dead Boss pedal and take its switch ? Or maybe it could be replaced by any momentary switch of the same size. I think replacing the switch would be quite easy.

I didn't managed to find the LS-2 schematics :meh:
    A cool mod would be to add the possibility of running the loops in series, but I have no idea if it is easy, or even possible in this pedal.

EDIT : I think I'll take a closer look at the circuit soon. Maybe the // mode can be modified with a parallel/serie switch...

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I tend to find BOSS Pedals to be more "disposable" than the rest because they're a huge Pain to repair. When I buy dead pedals, you'll never see a BOSS on the list. Not worth the time or effort generally.

4. Jazz Ad

Unfortunately, that's what I thought.
    I've looked for units for the same job but can't find anything that really does it all.

5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    Not even a loooper ? No boost, but with a volume on each loop, you could have something really similar to the LS-2, no ? With the possibility of adding a parallel/serie switch, or other custom functions.

6. Jazz Ad

Looopers are close. They miss a few things though.

7. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jazzy, I may have the right switch around the house from my Redhead project. Remind me over at Allan's later.

8. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France