Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss parts

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

My beloved Boss LS-2 is having issues :(.
    The master switch only works eratically.
    I guess it's been used too much and cries for rest.
    Where the hell can I find the replacement part ?
    Is it easy to repair ?
    While we're at it, if you have any cool mods for the pedal I'll be glad to try them. :hyper:

2. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    No ideas where you can find this new. Maybe you could try to find a dead Boss pedal and take its switch ? Or maybe it could be replaced by any momentary switch of the same size. I think replacing the switch would be quite easy.

I didn't managed to find the LS-2 schematics :meh:
    A cool mod would be to add the possibility of running the loops in series, but I have no idea if it is easy, or even possible in this pedal.

EDIT : I think I'll take a closer look at the circuit soon. Maybe the // mode can be modified with a parallel/serie switch...

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I tend to find BOSS Pedals to be more "disposable" than the rest because they're a huge Pain to repair. When I buy dead pedals, you'll never see a BOSS on the list. Not worth the time or effort generally.

4. Jazz Ad

Unfortunately, that's what I thought.
    I've looked for units for the same job but can't find anything that really does it all.

5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    Not even a loooper ? No boost, but with a volume on each loop, you could have something really similar to the LS-2, no ? With the possibility of adding a parallel/serie switch, or other custom functions.

6. Jazz Ad

Looopers are close. They miss a few things though.

7. Rowka

Rowka Supporting Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Jazzy, I may have the right switch around the house from my Redhead project. Remind me over at Allan's later.

8. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France