1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss pedals issue?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Superrex, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Superrex

Superrex

Apr 13, 2018
    Hello fellow bass players, i've recently returned to playing back bass after some time
    I've started using effects, i have a boss odb-3 and a lmb-3, anyone knows if its normal for them NOT to switch on after being plugged to a power supply
    All of my other boss pedals (all for guitar) do this, but not these 2, is there something wrong or is just that for bass pedals boss decided differt

I am sorry if my english is not the best in advance

2. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    I have various Boss pedals on my board. When I plug in my OneSpot, some of the pedals will activate (LED lights up) while others do not. If this is what you are describing, nothing is wrong with your pedals. I’m not sure why this occurs but maybe someone else can provide an explanation. My RV6 and SYB3 light up, so maybe it’s a digital pedal thing?

3. Superrex

Superrex

Apr 13, 2018
    Maybe, all 6 of my guitar pedals light up as soon as connected to a power supply(st2, bc2, fb5, ps6, ph3, dd7)
    But both my bass pedals dont(odb3 and lmb3)
    Any idea of the behaivour of the ceb3?

4. ... does it matter? As long as it’s working once plugged in and switched on?

I have various digital and analogue and boss and other brands and sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t *shrug* as long as they work as intended never bothers me. More hassle when they switch on first actually!

5. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    Agreed. It’s annoying having to power them off, immediately after everything is connected.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021