Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

boss pq-3 b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dino, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    Anyonoe knows this pedal or have an image of it to show me? Tell me something about it. Thanks

2. sorry but i cant find one damn thing ANYWHERE about this pedal

3. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    I made a reserch in internet, but no site seems to have a picture of it. I'm buying it without seeing because i found it at 45€ only, and his owner told me that it is in mint conditions. Now i hope that it is true and hope it is a good gear. No one of you tried it or now something about it? It's a vintage one? No one knows the year the boss started his production?

4. do you even know what it is at all or what it does??

5. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    It is a parametric equalizer, but i never used it. I'm curious.

6. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    I followed an eBay auction for a PQ3B recently-it ended up selling for $40 or $50. The PQ3B is from the late 80's/early 90's Boss bass pedal series, when they were still made in Japan. That series had a brown/gold color scheme-I had a GE7B bass graphic EQ from that era that worked well for about 9 years until it just died one day. The PQ3B is not a true parametric-you can control the frequency and boost/cut level, but not the Q (filter width). For more info check the user review databases at www.harmonycentral.com .