Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Ps-2 and expression pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MadPink, May 12, 2002.

1. anyone ever try one of these with the expression pedal? can you get any sounds that sound simular to the Whammy?

2. i havent but pretty much all the features are the same... i didnt play around with it for a very short period of time and it already sounded better then the whammy.

3. Actually it has different features too, it can bend multiple notes into lowwer or higher pitches, it also has a built in harmonist. When I tried it out I was able to simulate a sitar's droning chimes. Very cool. Not as high quality as the Digitech Whammy but still it's a very cool effect...

4. the whammys (atleast the two newer ones) are NOT HIGH QUALITY... the harmonies are not even in tune with each other... shift a c up an octave and you will get a d. Actually just pressing the footswitch when its on an octave or two octave shift mode will make you all out of tune anyway. useless if you ask me.

5. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
  6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah the Whammy is highly overrated and overpriced.