1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss PS-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jumbo_steelie, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I've searched and searched and searched and can't find any threads about this pedal. Has anyone here had a lot of experience with one? There's one being sold locally for a good price and I'm debating on pulling the trigger. What I'd really like to try is a PS-3 but I just missed out on a local sale of one of those too!!! So I guess what I'm wondering is if it's worth checking out the PS-2 or should I wait and hold out for a PS-3?

2. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    Well i say check ebay. If they go for more there then what you would have to give at the shop, then buy it. If you are paying more at the shop, then you might as well wait and see what info you can dig up.

3. They seem to be going for around the same price. I think I am going to have some preseverence on this one and wait to see if a PS-3 comes up for sale....

4. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    Well from what i've heard (i never pay attention though) the PS-2 has good delay, but the pitch shifter is worse. They say its very digital, and very hard to get a natural sound out of.

5. I owned a PS-2 for a few months. I loved the delay - it really was fantastic - but I found an RV-3 and decided it was better. Also, I didn't need all the pitch shifting functions it offered because they didn't sound or track nearly as well as the XP-100 I owned at the time.

You're better off getting a PS-3 or the new Eventide PitchFactor.

6. Thanks guys that makes it easier. Yeah Chris, I have the RV-2 and like it too. I just have a thing for those out-of-production boss delay pedals!!!