1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss RC-2: Cheap new looper, but is it good?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lokkenjawnz, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Hey all, I was just poking around in this Musician's Friend catalog that I get, and I noticed a Boss RC-2 looper going for a mere 180 dollars. It seems like it would be a pretty damn good pedal, seeing as Boss has a quite a few good loopers in the family. I looked on Harmony Central but couldn't find any reviews. Has anyone heard of this, or used this yet? Anyone actually seen it at a shop yet?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-RC2-Loop-Station-Stomp-Box?sku=487040

If anyone has any information on this pedal, please do tell! And if no one finds out anything about it within the next couple of months, then perhaps I'll venture to the local Guitar Center (shudder) and try one out, and of course post a review for all you fine folks.

-Lokkenjawnz

2. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Yes, They are great. Just read the manual.

Its a little to easy to erase what you have saved. But, if you take care to follow the directions it shouldnt be that bad.

There is not any lack in sound quality during playback either. Good little looper for the money.

Your best bet is to get the Rc-20xl Its a little more but its worth it.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA

come to the GC in sherman oaks, ask for dave in accessories, and i promise you will not shudder.

though you may shudder at the distance from s.c.

:)

4. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Hmmm, looks nice. I have the bigger 2 pedal version, but I might like this one too, as it would take up less room on the pedal board. I usually use my Looper to compose and improvise over chords, but I always wished that I could find a smaller one that I can velcro to the end of my effects chain and leave it in the case for gigs and rehearsals.

5. Judging by these few responses, seems like it's a worthwhile pedal! I've been having to improvise a looper using my delay pedal and some annoying setups, but hopefully this should do everything I need!

@Jetpackbassist

Dude isn't Sherman Oaks down in the LA area? That's a bit of a drive, but if I do ever end up down yonder I'll surely stop by the GC. TBers need to stay united!

¡Viva la revolucion!

Or something of that sort.

-Lokkenjawnz

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I dumped my RC-20XL precisely because it required 2 swiches and had too much stuff on it for MY uses live. I'll snag the RC-2 when I get the chance. It sounds like a really good bet for live use in a band context. The RC-50 would be awsome if you are a solo act I would think. Let's me out though...​

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021