Boss RC-2 looper- user opinions?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by phat daddy, Feb 9, 2009.

1. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I'm considering purchasing the RC-2 because of it's small footprint, features and the price is right as well.

Anybody have any experience with this particular looper, and if so, what did you like/dislike about it's operation, sound and real world applications?

Any advice is very appreciated.

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    I love it. I use it for loops/noise in b/w songs. I pre-program bass notes so I can trigger it while I'm playing something else.
    Easy to use (once you read the manual and practice it), 16 minutes of recording time, 3/4 or 4/4 click (or other corny beats) for practicing or recording in time, and most importantly: when you alter a prerecorded loop's tempo, the pitch does not change! ipod jack in back so you can throw on songs, etc.

I leave it at the very end of my chain, right after my tuner. I mute out and tune while the looper plays whatever I tell it to.

Best $170 I ever spent.

3. + 1
    The brother above said it al. Its such a usefull and fun piece of equipment to use!

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    I'd also check out the Digitech Hardwire delay/looper too. Similar size, lower price - but might have more delay features at the expense of looping abilities.

5. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    The RC-2 does not have any delay or special features built into it.

If also want to mention that you can do an infinite loop on the fly w/ the ability to overdub infinitely or cancel and you also have the option to just make a loop play just once (must be prerecorded).

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021