Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss RC-20 and Alesis Air FX

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, May 16, 2002.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I bought a Boss RC-20 today. The thing has an insanely long loop time 5min!!! It has the ability to store ten loops and dial them up later. It's very easy to use, two foot pedals for record, play, stop overdub, clear. Reverse must be done by hand unless you buy a pedal for it. I run it like this: Conklin GT-7 -->D.W. Labs Router--->SansAmp BDDI---->Compressor---->Mackie 1400---->SWR 4x10, What you put in is what you get out, or very damn close to it. All in all, it does exactly what I need it to. I'm using it to lock in a loop, then play around with it with one of those Alesis air FX units. The Air FX thing is VERY cool. Pick one fifty programs, move your hand along the X-Y-Z axis', get crazy sounds. The one thing I wish it had is a midi hook up to change patches, it was cheap though, so it's OK. Maybe the next model will have that. It has a bunch of just plain wacked out effects, and a bunch of flange/phase effects. It also has some synth patches, which can be cool. I run both these things through the router, to allow true bypass.

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    uh. cool. i guess?

I was always wondering what those AirFX things sounded like. Actually I'm still wondering. It probably looks pretty cool using one of things on stage too.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    they are cheesy....but yes, it's fun and it probably does look cool. I think the trick will be to no to not over indulge in it.

edit: In the sig, I play with it a bit, lo fi, but you'll get the idea.